Programs, I’ve noticed, are never the the same twice. I adapt each program to the group for whom I’m performing. And I create new programs from the collection of stories I’ve mastered. If you are interested in having me perform, let’s talk about your group so we can tailor a program that best suits your needs. If we don’t seem like a good fit, I’ll try to recommend a storyteller who is.
Areas of interest: Stories from Canada (where I was born and raised), stories from Saratoga Springs and upstate New York (where I live now), traditional folk tales, original stories told, I hope, with humor, heart, and wit.
A Sample of Story Programs
- Detours, Road bumps, and Dead Ends. Stories about life’s journeys
- Not in Kansas
- Canadian folk tales
- World folk tales
- Canadian homesteaders
- Witches, charlatans, and unsavory characters of Saratoga Springs
- Tales told in a graveyard
- Stories about the 1950’s, and 1960s
A sampling of Workshops
- Listening for the story (a 2 hour workshop)
- Telling family stories
- Storytelling, storytellers
Often I tell with a friend and colleague, Betty Cassidy. She brings another perspective, another voice that is very good.